The Sales Kai(change)zen(for good) is an effort towards continuous improvement in sales in terms of number, quality and ticket size.
Reducing waste in thesales production systemmeans doing more things that generate customer responses and fewer things that do not. This means
- more and better lead generation and nurturing tactics
- Stay passionate
- Bring the “Bee to the hive” through a structured footfall analysis of historical data
- Leverage on “outsiders interest” in your geography e.g. NRI’s who have parents in Nagpur will love to invest in a property in Nagpur
- Hunger for database classified in and around the Target Group of customers
- Generate interest of your TG through a structured process of “Trial – Retrial – Habit”.
- Never ignore the “Warm prospects”. Study them and attain a 50% conversion of warm into hot prospects.
- It sometimes pays to bring the “hive to the bee”!
- Promote reference selling.
- Understand and master digital selling.
- Keep in touch with your lost customers and competitors through a structured process of CRM.
- more and betterqualificationof prospects, reaching decision makers, and making offers that hit the customer at the right time, and in the bull’s eye of their problems and needs.
- Reject prospects who don’t qualify to be your customers (Gap Analysis)
- Challenge prospects who qualify to be your customers and handle their objections , if any, with the “From-To” Analysis.
It means doing less “spray-and-pray,” less “show-up and throw-up.” Sales is not always a numbers (volume) game anymore. It is more often a game of quality, where the customer’s responses to your interactions with them provide the evidence and data you need to improve the performance of thesystem.
Salespeople, marketers, and even sales heads cannot do this on their own. Nor can they do it all at once. It requires a continuous improvement approach built on evidence of what is working and not working now.
It also requires senior management support just as the lean kaizen journey in manufacturing requires senior management support, and for the same reasons.