This blog is to serve as a ready reckoner guide for a new product launch in the Channel of Distribution market.
- Decide on the radius of market that you wish to cater to with your factory as the epicenter.
- Mathematical decision with no emotions attached.
- Transport charges
- Supply chain management challenge.
- Shelf value of product
- Competitor analysis
- Sales Force availability to service the market
2. Prepare a map on paper.
- The battlefield with clear lines drawn with competitors presence and strengths in the market
- Clarity on what market to cover and which markets not to be covered
- Expansion footprint should cater to such maps in phases –sales performance management
3. Take a closer look at the market
- Market potential
- Market Share analysis
- Customer buying behaviour analysis
- Niche market identification
- Product Positionings (Scatter Diagram of Product Quality and Price Perception map)
- Market and Transfer pricing
- Product placement challenges
- Existing distributors with respective loyalties and market coverage
4. Prepare the aspired skeleton of your distribution with criteria and phase wise plans
5. Market preparedness
- Distribution policy
- Pricing policy
- Goods Return Policy
- Payment policy
- Supply Chain Management Policy
- Sales Order Processing
- Logistics management
- Complaint handling
- Goods Return
- Cold calls training
7. Post launch Servicing the market
- Product placement
- Supply Chain Management
8. Post launch Survey
- Fact finding
- Lessons to be learnt
- Course correction
Channel sales management is the process of ensuring that once a channel partner is inducted into the system, business should be profitable to the entity. Helping the channel partner manage his men, material, money and mindset is what Channel Management is all about. We mentor for different types of sales, Sales methods, Channel of distribution, key account management, modern retail trade, direct selling etc.