Visual merchandising is the activity and profession of developing the floor plans and three-dimensional displays in order to maximise sales.
Both goods and services can be displayed to highlight their features and benefits. The purpose of such visual merchandising is to attract, engage and motivate the customer towards making a purchase.
Visual merchandising commonly occurs in retail spaces such as MRT.
The purpose of visual merchandising is to:
- Make it easier for the customer to locate the desired category and merchandise.
- Make it easier for the customer to self-select.
- Make it possible for the shopper to co-ordinate and accessories.
- Recommend, highlight and demonstrate particular products at strategic locations.
- Educate the customer about the product in an effective & creative way.
- Make proper arrangements in such a way to increase the sale of unsought goods.
Visual merchandising builds upon or augments the retail design of a store. It is one of the final stages in setting out a store in a way customers find attractive and appealing.
Many elements can be used by visual merchandisers in creating displays including color, lighting, space, product information, sensory inputs (such as smell, touch, and sound), as well as technologies such as digital displays and interactive installations.
A planogram allows visual merchandisers to plan the arrangement of merchandise by style, type, size, price or some other category. It also enables a chain of stores to have the same merchandise displayed in a coherent and similar manner across the chain.
Capture the mood of the user and not the features of the product. For effective VM.
For more details call us on 9970506000 or click here.