- Does production react to sales orders or are they planned as per market potential and demand forecasting techniques?
- How do we communicate sales orders to stores and despatch?
- How much have we empowered Despatch dept. to process sales orders in terms of SKU, Logistics, Transport, Quality check and manpower?
- What is the quality of intervention of Quality Control dept. in terms of sales order processing?
- In case of reactive production planning, how does one ensure timely availability of raw materials for production?
- Do we have TAT(Turn Around Times) defined for each important activity in Sales Order Processing?
- How do we make use of Technology to keep the customer informed about work in progress as far as their sales order processing is concerned?
- What is the mechanism for plugging in CRM with Sales order processing?
The other functions of management like production, materials management and finance is tuned to work in a particular way. We cannot stretch these functions like elastic to get best results. Once a sales order is logged, the following questions becomes pertinent in the processing of the order: