This is a very old dilemma in the minds of salespersons – “To sell or To help Purchase!”
For me, trying to sell something is a fruitless exercise for a salesperson. What all should I do as a salesperson , if I am trying to help my customers purchase?
How can I help my prospects purchase?
- Firstly, I need to know what exactly my prospect wants. (Need is a myth)
- I conduct a SWOT analysis of his “want” to understand the reason behind his want becoming acute.
- I present choices before the customer, even if I were to present my competitors.
- I help the customer opt out of all option except mine.
- I make the option of the prospect buying my product or service very lucrative by giving value added services like training, installation etc.
- I jointly make the prospect understand why the transaction of buying my product or service is cost effective.
- I finally convince the prospect that this is the right time to do the transaction.
Try selling with this attitude of helping the customer and you will realise that selling is a very noble profession.