God,The Almighty, The Omnipresent, The Creator of this Universe must be a salesman. I am making this statement with a lot of responsibility and would definitely site my own reasons for the same.
What makes me think that God must be a salesman?
- God created the Universe and left it to the wisdom of his creations as to how best to make use of the same. (Salesman also takes his creation in form of product and services to his Target Group of customers and leaves it to their wisdom as to how to make best use of the same)
- Lord Krishna said in the Mahabharata that he knows the future but His job as a Sarathi is to only guide the Ratha ad per the wishes of the owner of Ratha and answer specific questions raised by the owner of Ratha about the present. (Salesman should also work according to the needs of the present and plan for the future)
- God created virtue and vice and allowed his creations to chose between the same. (Salesman should not put his personal choice in front of the customer. His job is only to present the offering to the prospect and allow the prospect to chose the feature that best suits him)
- God does not have an ego if one of His creations rebukes Him because He feels that his creation is at a loss to understand the truth. (Salesman should not take an irate customer personally. He should not react to an angry customer as if all the rebukes of the customer was meant for him personally)
- God always wishes well for His subjects. (Salesman always wishes good for his customers even if the latter does not agree with the same. The Salesman is persistent in his follow up with a prospect)
- God tracks all his creations till death and even beyond depending on his karmas. (Salesman is expected to track all his customers for life to monetise the Life Time Value of a customer)
- God knows that everything in this life is Maya. It is only the Atma that is the truth. (Salesman also knows that the only sacrosanct act which will keep him alive is to meet new contacts everyday. Everything else like surprise big orders, lot of references from old customers, zero complaint from old customers etc is all Maya)
- God never gets bored with human beings repeating the same set of complaints again and again. He continues to love all human beings. ( Salesman never gets bored of listening to the same objections from the prospective customers again and again. Every new prospect starts with a “No”, “Price too high”, “how do I trust you” and “very poor discount” objection but the salesman never gets bored because he knows that it is very much a part of his life.)
- God always allows human beings to chose the life that they want to lead and never influences them on their choice. (Salesman always presents the options before the customer and helps the customer to chose from the options rather than push a particular option to the customer.)
- God listens to all and sundry. (Salesman is a great active listener who listens to everyone if they are wrong because it is only through listening that the salesman can understand the perspective and the agenda of the customer.)
I am sure , there would be many such analogies drawn between God and a Salesman. I am also sure that many other professions would also see many of their acts as Godly. For the moment I only wish to establish that God must be a salesman for all the goodness and understanding that He exhibits on His creations!