It has been an age old practice to align the mindset of salespersons in mass towards a desired result in Sales by motivating them and dumping a set of Product Features in their minds by the rote method of learning.
As a practicing sales trainer for last 23 years, I am writing this blog with a specific objective to look into the faculties, which needs to be activated in a salesperson to make them sales professional with sales training.
Understand the laws of sales probability
- The more no of sales calls made in the right T.G.(Target Group) will result in more no sales.
- The more no of quality sales calls made in the right T.G. will result in more value of sales.
- The more no of happy customers one has, the more will be the reference leads that one gets for converting into more new customers.
- The more no of sales closings, more is the chance of attempting to cross sell. (8%Sales Growth comes from cross selling)
- The more no of visits to the customer after selling, more is the chance of monetizing the LTV (Life Time Value) of the customer.
- For every complaint that reaches your ears, there is a probability that 100 others have similar complaint with you or your product or service.
- Understand the concept of Beats, Routes and Journey Cycles in Sales. You have to carpet bomb the geography assigned to you. Every possible TG must get an opportunity to listen to your sales story. Terminologies change in Digital selling but the concept remains the same.
- To sell more to existing customers in your market, you should know who they are and what has been their buying history.
- To acquire new customers, apart from the touch points serviced by the salesperson directly, there must be auxiliary sources of creating touch points everyday. E.g. Email, SMS, Whats app, Tele calling, Social Media, Ecommerce, CRM leads, Complaint desk Mgt.
- Incoming enquiries and footfalls generated out of everyday new contacts made in the market by the salesperson must be serviced with care in absence of the salesperson or sales consultant.
- The front office and back office of the sales team should support the hands and legs of the body like ears and eyes.
- Lost Case Analysis is sacred. No customer is ever lost if you dont wish to lose them and have the back end support to track them till their death.
- Track CRM tools like Recency, Frequency, Monetary value, Lapsation, Stickiness, Basket Migration, Average Basket Value and Average Basket Size.
Sales Management Information Systems
Dashboards and their management
- MNOC/day (Min no of calls per day)
- MTBC (Mean Time between Two calls)
- Cost per sales call
- Cost per new customer acquisition
- Average Time spent with customers during sales calls
- Customer Attrition
- Customer Churn
- Customer loyalty
- Customer Satisfaction
- Reference Selling
- Upselling and Cross selling
Funnels and their management
- Lead to Contact ratio
- Contact to Proposal ratio
- Proposal to Close ratio
System triggered information for decision making
- Life Time Value of Customer
- Due dates of follow ups
- Map references to referees
- Cross selling bands
- Basket migration phenomenon
- Lapsation periods
- Stickiness phenomenon
Understand the role and responsibility in Sales
- Role of a Referee (Not a player)
- Responsibility to make Profitable sales -sales strategy
The Power of Sales Karmas
- If you wish and do well for the customer, they will reciprocate.
- Sell right product to the right person. There are enough right persons in the market to fulfill your targets.
- Accept mistakes in front of customers, if any. They know that you are a human being.
- Saying one No to the customer at the right time saves you from saying No 10 times in future to the same customer.
- Bad customers are there in the market. This should not make you a Bad salesperson. The latter outnumber the former by 7 times.
- Give priority to meet a complaining customer over a potential new customer.
- Appoint yourself as the advocate of sales function. Raise your voice if any other salesperson is trying to follow dushkarmas in sales!
The author of this blog can be contacted on 9970506000 for any clarification on this blog. For more details log on to http://www.consult4sales.com